Teaching in the Madrassah can sometimes be described as a cycle of planning, teaching and evaluation.
- Planning how and what will be taught, is what happens before teaching
- Teaching is imparting knowledge and the learning of that knowledge by the pupils in the Madrassah classroom
- Evaluation is the assessment of the teaching and learning that has taken place.
- Learning aims of the lesson (what you want them to learn)
- Teaching strategies
The execution of the plan made earlier (the lesson.)
A key point is the lesson may deviate from the plan depending on the needs of the learners.
The teacher asks themselves some questions, including:
- Did the learners achieve what the teacher planned?
- Did the learners learn what the teacher intended?
- Which teaching strategies were most effective?
- Which teaching strategies were least effective?