This training will enable new and existing staff members to develop an awareness of, and the ability to act on, concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff working in Madrassahs should attend this training to ensure they are able to fulfil their role and responsibility to safeguard children.
Attendees should ensure they have access to and have read their Madrassah’s Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy and are familiar with the Code of Conduct for staff.
By the end of this session, staff will be able to:
- Describe what safeguarding is, the categories of abuse and the different ways in which children can be harmed
- Recognise and describe indicators of child abuse and neglect including risk factors
- Describe key updates and themes regarding specific safeguarding issues including CSE and its forms, FGM, HBV, FM, peer-on peer abuse and Prevent
- Appreciate their own roles and responsibilities and those of others in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and considering the best interest of a child
- Outline what to do if they have concerns about a child in line with their Madrassah’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy
- Understand the procedures in raising a concern and ensuring appropriate referrals are made to Children’s Social Care. This includes monitoring and recording of information
- Understand how to raise a concern about another member of staff, for example, inappropriate behaviour
- Implement safer working practices in line with staff code of conduct
- Have an understanding of their Madrassah’s whistle-blowing procedure
Attendees will receive a certificate valid for 3 years after participating for the full duration of the course.
The cost of this course is £495 + VAT for up to 20 delegates. Additional attendees can be booked for a cost of £25 + VAT.