- Curriculum Overview
The Karimia Let’s Learn Islam Curriculum has been designed to develop the children’s love of Islam and teach them their fard ‘ain knowledge specific to worship.
The four Islamic Studies textbooks are graded according to age and are available in colour. They cover important topics such as ablution, prayer, fasting, zakkah, hajj, the proper comportment on visiting the two holy cities and others
- Age group
Qur’an Curriculum: 5 – 11 year olds
Islamic Studies Curriculum 7 – 11 year olds
- Curriculum Objectives
- Teach children to love and obey Allah, build a sense of consciousness of Allah and to follow the Sunnah of His messenger.
- Encourage children to read the Qur’an with tajweed.
- Teach children the proper manner of worship.
- Nurture the moral values of kindness, patience, honesty and generosity.
- Subjects (Q/QS/IS/LS)
- Curriculum Content (What is the range and extent of the above?)
Q includes learning to read Qur’an, Tajweed and Memorization of Surahs
Memorization of duas and surahs
Each tajweed lesson is accompanied with clear learning objectives
QS include understanding of Qur’an
All surahs are presented with translation. There is no study of Qur’anic grammar.
Islamic Studies includes, fiqh, seerah, aqeedah, akhlaaq
The Islamic Studies Curriculum includes Aqa’id, fiqh, seerah and morals and manners.
Each lesson is accompanied with clear learning objectives and one of the 99 Names of Allah for students to learn.
- Learning Outcomes
- Principles of Assessment and Evaluation
- Teacher Guidance Notes with Syllabus
Teacher guidance notes are included in the curriculum document. The Karimia Institute also offer teacher training for their curriculum.
Teacher/parent guidance notes are included in the Learning to Read the Quran series.
- Recommended Texts
- Let’s Learn Islam Levels 1 – 4
- Tokens of Wisdom Lessons on Islamic Moral
- Spiritual and Social Themes (An Abridgment of Imam Nawawi’s Riyadh us-Saliheen) Let’s Learn Tajweed and Learning to Read the Quran (yassarna al-Qur’an)
All available from The Invitation Publishing House: //www.invitation-magazine.com/product-category/books.