The Safer Recruitment training is an accredited course to help leaders employ the best candidates when recruiting new members of staff at their institution, whether it is a teacher, administrator or volunteer. It is designed to place the highest importance on the safety of your students and staff during the recruitment process, while following best practice whenever a member of staff is to be recruited.
The Department for Education’s advice for Madrassahs is ensure at least two members of staff involved in the hiring process have received suitable training for safer recruitment within the last five years.
This session will cover:
- Recruitment overview
- Risk factors and legislation
- Preparing job descriptions
- Advertising a vacancy and application forms
- Reviewing and selecting candidates for interview
- Pre-employment checks, references and DBS
- Induction and monitoring of new staff
By the end of this session, staff will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practices of safer recruitment
- How to use safer recruitment to support safeguarding at your Madrassah
- Understand the regulations pertaining to recruitment of staff
- Assess candidates to ensure the best person is selected
- Effectively supervise staff