The fact that teaching is taking place does not mean students are learning. There are different ways Madrassah teachers can plan and teach lessons to ensure that Madrassa students learn effectively. Some tips include:
- Create an objective that is specific and measurable.
- Each part of the lesson should be related to the objective.
- Create a starter that sparks their interest
- Use independent practice to allow pupils to apply new knowledge
- Give them time to reflect on what has been taught
- In this video the ‘main’ is divided into mini-lesson, guided practice, independent practice, assessment and reflection.
- Guided practice is important, especially with learning to read Arabic.