- 1st Session: Children, Young adults, Identity & Family
An exploration of identity and family for children and young people in the context of being British, Muslim and following Islam.
- 2nd Session: Creating a positive classroom context
The process of setting boundaries and managing adherence to the boundaries by children and young people.
- 3rd Session: Setting expectations
Developing the notion of responsibilities and rights within the learning environment.
- 4th Session: Teaching Resources & Initiatives
A brief introduction to the range of materials available free online to support designing and planning engaging learning for children and young people.
- 5th Session: Teaching positive behaviour and responding to inappropriate behaviour
The key role of the teacher in modelling appropriate behaviours and responding to poor behaviour.
- 6th Session: National Safeguarding Agenda
The rights and responsibilities of both children and young people and those that look after them.
- 7th Session: Learning behaviours and lesson structures
Exploring the different styles of learning that engage children and young people.
- 8th Session: Building Positive Relationships
The importance of learning experiences that build on what children and young people do well.
- 9th Session: Class Agreement & Behaviour Plan
Action planning for practice back in the madrassah.
- 10th Session: New Madrassah System
Defining the ‘ideal’ Madrassah – Setting the framework of an effective Madrassah System. see Annex 1 for a summary of the ideas presented.